Oranpsychic is a spiritual site, which offers live video chat with psychics about diverse topics, such as clairvoyance, tarot and cards, astrology and many others.
When you use these services, you will share some personal information with us. Because we want you to enjoy our services in a peaceful and trustworthy way, please be assured that we are fully dedicated to the protection of your personal information.
Who Decides “How” and “Why” Your Personal Data is Processed?
The company, which decides how and why your personal data is processed, and which is called “Data Controller” is: Oranpsychic.com a private company registered in Ontario, Canada with a registered address of 102 Hillyard Way, Hamilton, Ontario. Canada. We are registered under this name with the Companies Branch of the Ontario Government and under Companies Register 895534196 under the name of Marla Valentine.
What Personal Data Do We Process?
We collect, use, share, transfer, and store different types of your personal data because of your visit of and/or use of our services on our site.
The personal data we collect includes the following categories of data:
- Personal data you give to us
- When you create a customer account on our site
When you create an account on our site, we require important details about you:
- an email address; a username; a password
To maximize your experience on our site, you can add your favorite Broadcasters to your account.
- When you contact our Billing & Customer Support
We collect all information you choose to share with our Billing & Customer Support, like:
- your personal e-mail
- the services, the Broadcaster or customer username associated with your request
- your comments or opinions about a Broadcaster
- your conversations with the Support Team
More generally, when you communicate with us in any other way, we will collect whatever information you provide us with.
- When you purchase credits
When you purchase credits to participate on our site, depending on the payment method you choose, we may collect your identification information (first name, last name, country, ZIP code) and payment details (we do NOT store your credit card information, that is done by the payment processor.
- Personal Information we get when you use our services
We collect certain information about you when you are using our services and navigate on our site. Concretely, this means that, when you visit our site or use our services, even if you have not created an account or logged in, we collect certain information about you.
- Usage information
We collect information about your activity on our site and about how you interact with the features of our site. Basically, we know:
- the pages of our site that you are visiting in real time or your activity history on our site
- the time you spend in private chat, who are the Broadcasters and categories of Broadcasters you watched
- what kind of special features you used on the site.
We also collect information about your communications with the Broadcasters, such as
- the username of the Broadcaster
- the time and date of your communications
- the type of communications (for example, a text message, personal message and private chat)
- Content information
We collect any content you create and/or post on our site and information about the content you create or provide. We also collect, any information you communicate to and/or share with Broadcasters on the site, such as the messages you send in private chat or free chat.
In addition, if you turn on your camera or microphone in private chat, we also collect the data you transmit. We do not allow our Broadcasters to record or capture your personal camera or audio feeds during private chat. Such action is prohibited on our site. We collect any other communication data such as telephone conversations, chat logs, text messages, faxes and letters you send to us.
- Log data and device information. We automatically collect log data and information from or about your computer, phone, or other device you use to access our services or navigate on our site. This includes:
- your IP addresses
- the date and time you logged into your account
- pages viewed
- types of features you use
- the hardware, software or internet browser you use
- information about your computer’s operating system, like application version
- your language settings
- your camera settings
- identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify your device or browser
- Log data and device information. We automatically collect log data and information from or about your computer, phone, or other device you use to access our services or navigate on our site. This includes:
If you are using a mobile device, we might also collect:
- data that identifies your mobile device
- device-specific settings and characteristics
- location details
- app crashes and other system activity
- Information collected by cookies and other technologies
- Personal data we receive from third parties
- We collect information that users of the site, such as Visitors, Members or Broadcasters provide about you during a chat conversation or communication with our Billing and Support Team. The personal information we collect may also come from third parties, such as partners and service providers, to the site. These third parties assist us in maintaining data accuracy and providing and enhancing the services. We are also dealing with partner ad networks, which help us to promote Oranpsychic. For example, we might receive information about your experiences and interactions from our partner ad networks. We are also managing an ad network and promotional tools ourselves and may receive information about your experiences and interactions with our ads and promotional tools published/used on third party or affiliated sites.
- Personal data we collect from publicly available sources
We collect publicly available information about you only when it is necessary to prevent fraud and illegal activities on our site (for example, when we suspect that you are using a false or stolen credit card, etc.). This data may comprise publicly available information you share on social media like Facebook, your blog and/or site, and any other public data available on the internet. This information is always associated or combined with the data we collect through our site to finalize our investigation before reporting any fraud and illegal activities to authorities. We never use publicly available data for any other purpose.
- Special category of data
- Oranpsychic is a spiritual site and, due to the nature of our site and your activity, we may have data about you, which could reflect your philosophical or religious belief.
When you visit pages of Broadcasters on our site, add Broadcasters in your favorites we collect the category of the Broadcaster in question to provide you with the services you requested for and enhance your experience on the site. If you agreed to receive promotional emails from us, we will also send you special offers and news about our features based on your interests on our site. Due to the explicit meaning of each category name (e.g. Chinese astrology, reiki, clairvoyance, angel communication, etc.…), it is possible that the chosen categories reflect or give indications about your philosophical or religious beliefs.
We understand that this may not explicitly reflect information about your life outside of the site. It may only show punctual interests. However, to provide you with the highest level of data protection, we treat this data as a special data category, which is highly protected.
- What are your choices regarding the collection and use of this special category of data?
Because your philosophical or religious beliefs are essential aspects of privacy, we are maintaining very high IT security standards. We are periodically proceeding with controls and assessments of our security measures, to guarantee a trustworthy environment.
We will always ask you to agree to the use of this special category of data. Please be aware that you can change your opinion regarding the global processing of your sensitive data in your consent settings at any time. However, please note that refusing to provide or revoking your consent to have this data collected means that you will not be able to log into your account and use the services, as we will not be able to provide you with the Oranum services without such information.
Why do We Process Your Personal Data?
We use the information we collect for the following purposes:
- Open your Member account and provide you with the services
Primarily, we use the personal data you give us when you create your account to open and administer your online account, to allow you to do several activities and to use features of our site. In addition, we use the information to allow you to purchase credits and benefit from paying and non-paying services. Your account is also a way to exercise control over your personal data. In your account, you can manage your purchases, take advantage of special offers, and manage your account settings. We process this information given our legitimate interest in providing you the services you requested and creating your account.
If you fail to provide minimum details about you, the consequence will be that we will not be able to create an account and allow you to use our services.
- Improve and promote our services
- We use your personal data for analytical and statistical purposes. We place great emphasis on the improvement of our services and on the enhancement of your experience as a Member or Visitor. To better understand what your needs are and how we can improve our services, we compile the information you gave to us or that we collected about you when visiting pages on our site or while using our services, to detect general trends regarding the preferences/habits of our users. This helps us to generate statistical reports, for example, general statistics reports on our customers’ activity based on the categories of Broadcasters viewed, the countries, or the purchases.
- We also use your personal data for testing purposes, troubleshooting and improving the functionality and quality of our services. Our main goal is to optimize our site and services to your needs, which makes them easier and more enjoyable to use.
- We share very limited characteristics about you with the Broadcasters registered on our site, so that they can deliver a service adapted to you. Please see “WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR DATA?” to learn more.
- We use limited information to tailor our services for you. For example, when you visit and login on our site, we use your IP address to determine the country where you are from, and display our webpages in your language, so if you visit or login on our site from the United States, our site will automatically display content in English. We may use limited personal information for social media advertising through social media platforms such as Facebook or Google. The social media platforms with which we may share limited data are not controlled by us. Therefore, any questions regarding how your social media platform provider processes your personal data should be addressed to the social media provider or should be modified through your privacy settings with such provider. We have affiliate programs through which webmasters or other third parties can help us to promote our sites, for example by creating reproduction of Oranpsychic. Those sites can include only certain categories of Broadcasters. We share some limited information about you, not leading to your direct identification, with the webmasters or other third parties participating to our programs, to help them to setup, maintain and optimize their marketing campaigns or promotional activities. This also allows them to track their income. Please see “WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR DATA?” to learn more.
- Finally, please be aware that any information that you made public on our site, such as comments on the public wall of Broadcasters, may appear on search engines results, together with your username. We process this information given our legitimate interest in developing and improving our site and our users’ experience, as well as to promote our services and our site.
- Customer relationship management and communication with you
- Sharing your personal details with our Customer and Billing Support Team allows us to respond to any question you might have about our services. All your communications with our Customer and Billing Support and all information you provide during such communications, including any review or opinion about the services of a Broadcaster are collected and analyzed so that we may respond to your request. We can also ensure this way full compliance of all users of our site with our terms and conditions. Finally, be aware that, when receiving a request or claim of a customer, our Customer and Billing Support Team can access all information you give to us and all usage information we collected about you. We want to make sure that our Customer and Billing Support has all information needed to appropriately and immediately respond to your request. Please note that the Customer and Billing Support may also communicate with you through emails or any other means, if appropriate. Please note that we may communicate with you through emails or any other means, if appropriate, to inform you of certain changes regarding our site or of certain events, for example, when you successfully register on our site. We process this information given our legitimate interest in improving our users’ experience and delivering appropriate customer services to you.
- Payment and Accounting
- We use your identification data to address billing issues through our payment processors.
- We also use your data, if necessary, to investigate issues with the processors your payment or with a debt collector, in case of unpaid transactions, chargebacks or refunds.
The use of your personal information is necessary to perform the contract that you have with us. If you purchase credits, we will use your information to execute the payment and provide you with the services.
- Ensure a safe and trustworthy environment
- Because we want to create and ensure a safe environment where you can peacefully enjoy our services, we use your personal data to detect and prevent fraud and other illegal activities on our site.
- We also use your data to detect potential breaches to the rules of our site. The rules of the site are explained in our terms and conditions.
- Finally, we use your personal information for security purposes and risk assessment, such as to authenticate you on our site and verify your identity.
We process this information given our legitimate interest in ensuring compliance with the rules of our site, fraud detection and prevention, as well as, information, system, network and cyber security.
- Sending of customized marketing emails
This will allow you to be informed of new services/features or special offers.
If you accepted to receive marketing emails, we will use:
- the information you gave to us
- the information we get about you when navigating on our site and using our services
Based on this information, we will send you marketing emails tailored to your tastes or to certain of your characteristics (such as your country, the time you spend on the site, the amount of credit purchased).
The sending of marketing emails is based on your consent. Be aware that you can very easily revoke such consent at any time in your “Consent Settings”. Revoking consent means you might miss out information on new services and special offers.
- Comply with any legal requirements and enforce our legal rights
We may rely on a legal obligation to process your personal data, such as for accounting purposes, we may also use your information to respond to requests of competent authorities or to establish, exercise or defend legal claims. We may combine your information with information lawfully obtained from other third-party sources and use it for the above purposes.
How do We Protect Your Personal Data?
We implement serious security measures to grant maximum protection to your personal information against unauthorized access, modification, disclosure or deletion. Your data is protected by our highly sophisticated security systems. We actively implement data loss prevention systems against leakage, theft and data breach to ensure that our site and the entire IT infrastructure related to it are updated against the latest network security vulnerabilities. We periodically test our IT systems and do sophisticated penetration tests. Our site incorporates the most advanced security technologies available to ensure maximum safety of its users and the safekeeping of their related information.
With Whom do We Share Your Data?
We share certain of your personal data with the following parties:
- With the Broadcasters
Your contract with us secures your ability to benefit from and purchase services from Broadcasters. Regarding your profile information, the only data element visible to the Broadcasters is your username. However, you may also connect your camera in private chat to visually communicate with the Broadcaster or just turn on your microphone. The Broadcaster is not allowed to record the visuals you provide. What else do we show about you to the Broadcasters?
- We show them a special icon, if you added them in your favorites
- The Broadcasters may also see the list of usernames of Members with whom he/she had private chats, the duration of the chat and the amount of credits spent by the Member.
- With other users of the site and with the public
- When you chat with a Broadcaster in a free chat, other users of our site can see your username and the messages you write. In addition, if you post comments on a Broadcaster’s wall, other users will see your comments. Your comments and username may also be visible on the results of a search engine, like Google, for example. Therefore, if you do not want other users or the public in general to see your comments, please do not post comments on a Broadcaster’s wall. When you initiate a private chat with a Broadcaster, only our organization and the Broadcaster can access the communications and/or images (in case you turn on your webcam) you share. Be assured that other Visitors or Members of Oranpsychic will not access any information about you from the moment you enter a private chat.
- Webmasters participating to our affiliate programs
We have affiliate programs through which webmasters and other third parties can help us to promote our site, for example, by creating reproduction of our site. Those sites can include only certain categories of Broadcasters. Please note that, whether you registered directly on our site or on one of our affiliated sites, we stay the controller of your personal data. For example, when you create an account or purchase credits, the personal information that you give for these purposes goes directly to us. The webmaster cannot see or access your personal data and is only a technical operator and business partner helping us to promote our activity. In no event, you are a client / customer of a webmaster. We only share some limited information with them that however cannot lead to your direct identification. This minimum information helps them to setup, maintain and optimize their marketing campaigns or promotional activities. This also allows them to track their income. This information consists in your registration date, the site where you come from, register or purchase credits, your country, your username, the packages of credits bought (in case the webmaster was eligible for a commission) and certain device information (your operating system, your browser type and the type of device (e.g. tablet, mobile, desktop). Please be aware that we will never share with them any information leading to your direct identification, for example, your real name, your address, your email address, your payment details or your IP address.
- Service providers
We use carefully selected and trusted third parties, who act as service providers to our site.
- Social media platforms
We may use limited personal information for social media advertising through social media platforms such as Facebook or Google. The social media platforms with which we may share limited data are not controlled by us. Therefore, any questions regarding how your social media platform provider processes your personal data should be addressed to the social media provider or should be modified through your privacy settings with such provider.
- Payment providers and financial institutions
We may furthermore share information with relevant financial institutions, if we consider it strictly necessary for fraud detection and prevention purposes.
- Law enforcement agencies or governmental authorities
We may also share information with law enforcement agencies or authorities, if such disclosure is reasonably necessary to (a) comply with our legal obligations, (b) respond to information requests for fraud investigations and alleged illegal activities, (c) enforce and administer our terms and conditions, and/or (d) protect our rights or defend ourselves against any claims.
- Business transfers
Finally, please also note that your information may also be transferred to another company in the event of sale of the whole or part of our business to a third party.
How do We Transfer Your Personal Data Outside of the European Economic Area?
As we are a Canadian based company, we comply with the EU Data Protection Regulation commonly called “GDPR” (If you want to learn more you can check: EU Regulation 2016/679 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC), which provides a high level of protection of your personal data.
If we transfer your personal data outside of the EEA, we endeavor to ensure that your rights and freedoms in respect of the processing of your personal data are adequately and appropriately protected. For this purpose, we utilize the Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Commission that you can find here.
What are Your Rights Regarding Your Personal Data?
We did our best to explain what your rights are and how you can exercise them. If, despite of our below explanations, you are still unsure about the actions you can take or the conditions of exercise of your rights, do not worry, our Support Team will provide you with all the assistance you need when exercising your rights. You may also contact us, at any time, before exercising any of your rights, and we will reply to your request as quickly as possible. Please note that we created a specific interface called “Privacy Rights” in your account settings for you to be able to easily exercise certain of your rights. Our Support Team will provide you with information on actions taken within 30 days of the day of receipt of your request. Only in exceptional circumstances, when we face complex or a high number of requests, we may extend this period of response up to 60 days.
Please note that rights may be exercised free of charge. However, unfounded or excessive requests, in particular because of their repetitive character, will lead to the payment of a fee.
- Data access and data portability
You have the right to access the personal information that we hold about you by requesting a copy of your personal data free of charge through the “Data Download” section in your account settings.
Upon verification of your identity, your request will be sent to our Support Team.
In certain cases, you may also be entitled to request copies of personal information that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and/or request us to transmit this information to another service provider (where technically feasible). For this purpose, you can send an email to email@example.com
Rectification of inaccurate or incomplete data
You have the right to request that we correct any inaccuracies in your personal data.
For this purpose, you can send an email to
- Data retention and erasure
We generally retain your personal information for as long as is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us and to comply with our legal obligations.
If you no longer want us to use your information, you can request that we erase your personal information and close your account. In such case, please select “Forget my Data” in the “Privacy Rights” section of your account settings. Your request will be sent to our Support Team who will contact you to learn more about your request. However, if you face any difficulties, please contact us at any time. Please note that if you request the erasure of your personal information:
- We might retain some of your personal information as necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as fraud detection and prevention and enhancing safety. For example, if we close or suspend your account for fraud or illegal activities, we may retain certain information about you to prevent you from opening a new account in the future. Such information shall also be kept available in case of ongoing judicial proceedings/and or investigations.
- We may retain and use your personal information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations. For example, we may keep some of your information for tax, legal reporting and auditing obligations. Please note that according to Canadian Law financial related information shall be kept for a period of ten years.
- Some copies of your information (e.g., log records) may remain in our database, but are disassociated from personal identifiers.
- To protect our site and your personal information from accidental or malicious loss and destruction, we have backup systems. Residual copies of your personal information may not be removed from our backup systems for a limited period.
- Right to object
- We process your data for a variety of reasons as explained in “3. WHY DO WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA?”. Applicable law may entitle you to require us not to process your personal information for certain specific purposes where such processing is based on legitimate interest. If you object to such processing, we will stop processing your personal data for these purposes. In specific situations, we may have to refuse the execution of your request. This would be the case where we have legitimate grounds to continue such processing or if we must establish, exercise or defend legal claims. Please keep in mind that objecting to the use of your data might disable the use of your account. Please note that you may, at any time, ask us to stop sending you marketing emails by opting-out in your account settings. You may also, at any time, ask us to stop any processing your data for any other direct marketing activities that we may do by sending an email to support@oranpsychic.
- Right to restriction of processing
You have the right to request that we hold your personal data in “limbo”, while other challenges are resolved. Basically, you can ask us to put on hold the use of your data in 4 cases: If you contest the fact that the personal data we hold about you is accurate: in this case, the processing operations in relation to this data will be put on hold for the period during which this is verified. You have objected to a processing activity based on legitimate interest(s): in this case, you can require the processing operation to be put on hold while we verify the grounds for processing. You consider that the processing is unlawful but you object to erasure and request restriction, instead. We have no further need for the data, but you require it to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims. Despite your request, we may continue the processing of your personal data if we must establish, exercise, or defend legal claims. We will notify you before lifting a restriction.
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
If you consider that our processing of your personal data infringes the GDPR or any other applicable national laws, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, (in the Member State where you live, place of work or of an alleged infringement of the GDPR).
How to Contact Us?
102 Hillyard Way
Hamilton, Ontario Canada
We are also happy to inform you that we have an employee dedicated to ensuring your privacy, our Data Protection Officer. You can directly reach our Data Protection Officer via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to the following address:
To the attention of the DPO
102 Hillyard Way
Hamilton, Ontario Canada